You can donate to any of our projects online through our partners Panthera. Panthera is a 501(c)(3) public charity so your donation will be tax deductible. 100% of any donation to Living With Lions made through Panthera will go to us.
When prompted, please make sure you state that the donation should go towards LWL.
If you would like to donate to the Lion Guardians, simply chose this project on the form. You can also visit the Lion Guardians blog, where you can Sponsor a Lion Guardian, buy a Gift certificate, make a donation for a particular item that will help the project, or set up a monthly donation.
Donating By Cheque
If you would prefer not to make a donation online, please send a cheque to Panthera with a note stating that the funds are intended for LWL to the following address:
FAO: Nicole Williams
8 West 40th Street, 18th Floor
New York, NY 10018
Living With Lions Running Costs
Here are just some examples of the necessary costs of running these lion conservation projects:
- $30 makes a Maasai boma (thornbush enclosure) predator-proof
- $100 pays for the anaesthesia for collaring and disease testing one lion
- $300 buys one tracking flight
- $400 pays the salary of a Lion Guardian for five months
- $1,000 covers the cost of fuel and vehicle maintenance for 2 months
- $3,000 would pay for one GPS collar, which yields hour by hour data on lion movements
- $30,000 would pay for a 4-wheel drive pick-up
- $80,000 would buy a small aircraft for radio tracking lions and attending to conservation emergencies
LWL are extremely grateful for any contributions you are able to make to support their work.
Panthera is a 501(c)(3) public charity so your donation will be tax deductible. Panthera's tax identification number is: 20-4668756.